Rules & Regulations
All BQ Powerhouse members (“Members”) and guests, must comply with these Rules. These Rules are incorporated into a Member’s Contract with us, and compliance with these Rules is important both to maintain the standards at our Facility and to enable Members to get full enjoyment from their Membership.
Any person who does not comply with these Rules may be ejected from, or denied access to the BQ Powerhouse, or may have their Membership terminated by Bow Quarter Estate if the non-compliance is serious.
We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments to these Rules at any time. If we do this, we will give Members reasonable advance notice by placing the new Rules on a notice board within BQ Powerhouse.
- Acceptance of an application for Membership is at our absolute discretion (although we will exercise our discretion reasonably, and in compliance with applicable laws).
- Membership entitles Members to use the facilities available from time to time at the BQ Powerhouse. We offer two different types of Membership at the BQ Powerhouse, Tenants and Owners memberships.
- Owners memberships. By paying the Estate service charge, leaseholders are entitled to use the Leisure Centre without any additional fees, other than for specific chargeable activities.
- Tenants memberships will run for exactly six (6) months from the start date. From 1st November 2017, New Tenants are required to pay an administration fee of £60 using a credit or Debit card in their own name. Renewal of Tenant memberships is completed every six (6) months and the administration fee of £60 is paid each time a Tenant membership is renewed.
- It is a requirement under Health & Safety Regulations that all users of this facility have undertaken an induction programme carried out by Raw Corporate Health (trading as RCH).
- The Powerhouse at Bow Quarter is a fully managed facility that is open to all owners, current residents and their guests. All owners and current residents must complete a full induction course which is run by RCH trainers daily. The sessions last for at least 30mins; to book, please contact a member of staff or go online: www.rchgym.com/bow-quarter
- Members wishing to book an induction must first contact the estate office and request a gym membership confirmation to be sent to the Powerhouse. Members must then complete an online Health Questionnaire using the following link;
- Once you have successfully completed your induction the access to the Powerhouse will be added to your Biometric access levels. If you do not have Biometric access then you can set this up with the estate team or alternatively you can use the door intercom system and a member of the Powerhouse team will allow you entry.
Please be aware that it is not constantly manned as we may be away from the desk completing our duties therefore you may experience a short delay in entry.
GUESTS AND VISITORS
- Members may bring two (2) guests to the BQ Powerhouse per calendar month, for free. Thereafter members may bring guests upon payment of the guest fee. The £2 per guest fee must be paid prior to entry into the BQ Powerhouse. The guest fees are to be paid through the membership website, www.rchgym.com/bow-quarter. (Please note we do not hold any cash on site)
- The guest must also have completed an online Health Questionnaire either prior to their arrival at the BQ Powerhouse or at the reception of the Powerhouse upon arrival. The link for the online Health Questionnaire is: www.waiverking.com/print/6293 Or via the website.
- Members must accompany their guest at all times, and the Member who brings the guest remains responsible for their guest’s conduct whilst they are in the Powerhouse. The Member may not leave the Powerhouse prior to their guest’s departure.
- Certain former Members and former Members of staff, may be ineligible to be a Member, or guest, of the Powerhouse. If in doubt, the Member should check with RCH Management for advice.
- Members must ensure that their guests comply with these Rules.
- Opening times for the Powerhouse will be prominently displayed at the entrance.
Monday – Friday 06.00-23.00
Saturday – Sunday 07.00-22.30
Please note: Bank holidays will operate on reduced hours so please see noticeboards for information.
- Pool, spa, sauna and steam facilities will close fifteen (15) minutes before the advertised closing time to allow members time to change. All other facilities (including the gym floor) will remain open until 5 minutes before the advertised closing time.
- You may not bring pets (other than guide dogs) onto the Powerhouse premises.
- You must not take any photography or movie shots in the Powerhouse (including by use of a camera on a mobile phone or PDA).
- You must complete an RCH induction and online health questionnaire before using the Powerhouse facilities. This can be found via our website www.rchgym.com/bow-quarter
- You should seek instruction before using unfamiliar equipment.
- Appropriate clean exercise clothing and shoes must be worn whilst exercising.
- Gymnasium equipment must not be used for longer than twenty (20) minutes during busy periods.
- You are asked to wipe down gymnasium equipment after use.
- You are asked to arrive at the gymnasium five (5) minutes prior to any personal training or induction appointments. We reserve the right to refuse to re-book an appointment for you if you repeatedly cancel (with less than 24 hours notice) or fail to keep an appointment for services and/or exercise programmes.
- Personal Training is only available using the RCH Personal Trainers who have been vetted. They are fully qualified, trained and Insured. You are not permitted to bring your own Personal Trainer to the Powerhouse.
- You may not use the gymnasium while under the influence of alcohol, anticoagulants, antihistamines, beta-blockers, narcotics, tranquilizers or any medication or other substance which may affect your ability to exercise safely.
- If your medical circumstances have changed since the time of your induction, you should notify a member of staff before using the facilities again.
- You must pre-book classes to ensure your participation in them. Classes are booked via your online membership website www.rchgym.com/bow-quarter
- Classes can be booked up to six (6) days in advance.
- Online booking will close twenty (20) minutes prior to the start of the class.
- All classes have waiting lists, if a space becomes available on the main class list then the first person on the waiting list will automatically be enrolled onto the class. The member will receive an email about the change. If you can no longer make it then please go online and cancel so that the next person on the list can be notified.
- Members who consistently book but do not show up for the scheduled class may be blocked from the booking system for a period of one (1) calendar month.
- Class timetables and instructors are subject to change from time to time without notice.
- You are requested not to open the doors while a class is in progress, as this may disrupt other participants!
- You are requested to arrive in good time. Entrance to classes will be barred to anyone arriving more than five (5) minutes late.
- The classes have maximum numbers associated to them to ensure everyone’s safety & enjoyment of the class. Please do not put the instructor in a difficult position as these numbers cannot be altered.
- In any dispute, the Instructor’s decision is final.
- Only authorised persons who have had an induction with a member of the Powerhouse team can use the gym virtual class system.
- Please make sure that you are properly warmed up and stretched before a class as not all classes includes warm-ups. Please cool down and stretch after the class as this is not always included in a virtual class.
- To book a space in a scheduled class or “on demand” class (to book “studio time”) please go to the website – booking is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please note that other residents may join and share your ‘on demand’ class. A maximum of 5 people are allowed to take part in an “on demand” class. with a maximum of 40 minutes for a class.
- As a virtual class takes place in front of the TV, you are still allowed to exercise by yourself in the studio at the other end of the studio.
- Please be aware of people around you when exercising.
- Should you be using the studio, a scheduled class will take precedence and will automatically start to play.
- No children under the age of 16 years old can use the studio.
- Only use the studio equipment as shown and explained in your induction or in the Virtual Class videos. Using it in any other way can cause serious injury.
- If equipment appears to be faulty – don’t touch or use it, please speak to a member of the Powerhouse team.
- If you are unsure of how to use the equipment or Virtual Class system, please speak to a member of the Powerhouse team before using any equipment.
- Virtual classes are operated in the studio via the on-demand kiosk.
- Please pay careful attention to the instructions given by the Virtual Class Instructor.
- Spinning Classes:
- Check your spin bike seat position and handles are in the correct position before using the bike.
- Ensure your feet are strapped tightly into the pedals on the spin bike.
- Wear appropriate clothing – Loose fitting trousers, straps or laces can get caught in the bikes pedals and should be avoided.
- Spin bikes do not allow users to freewheel. Attempting to stop pedalling suddenly can result in injury.
- Stop exercising immediately if you feel dizzy, faint or have chest pain and consult you’re a member of the Powerhouse team and call a doctor or the emergency services
BEHAVIOUR & DRESS
- You should conduct yourself in a quiet and well-mannered fashion when in or about the Powerhouse, and in a manner, that will not disturb or impair the use and enjoyment of the Powerhouse by any other person. In particular, you may not use foul, loud, or abusive language, nor will you behave in a threatening manner. Nor will you molest, or harass, other Members, guests, visitors, or Members of staff.
- You may not bring, use, or be under the influence of illegal drugs in any part of the Powerhouse. You may not bring any intoxicating liquor into the Powerhouse or be drunk in the Powerhouse.
- We may terminate your Membership (if applicable) and may refuse you entry into the Powerhouse, or eject you from it, if you commit a serious or repeated breach of these Rules, your Membership contract (if applicable), or if you engage in any other serious misconduct.
- Members of the Powerhouse, their guests, visitors, and members of staff should at all times display mutual respect for each other.
- Our staff and service providers are here to provide you with the best possible service but in doing so, will not tolerate abusive or aggressive behaviour from leaseholders, residents or their guests.
- Our staff and the service providers may refuse to deal with people who assault them or continue to be abusive or aggressive when asked to behave reasonably.
- Complaints should be communicated privately to a member of RCH’s management.
- Smoking is prohibited in any area of the club including the use of e-cigarettes or similar devices.
- You must be dressed in suitable attire at all times when on Powerhouse premises, and appropriate exercise clothing is required whilst exercising in the Powerhouse. Guidance as to suitable attire may be obtained from the Gym Manager who may, at his/her discretion, require you to leave the premises or part of the premises, if your attire is not considered suitable.
- Members are respectfully requested to store coats and rucksacks in the lockers provided.
- Lockers are subject to availability and require a £2 coin to operate them. (Please note we do not hold any cash on site should you forget a coin)
- RCH does not undertake that use of a locker will guarantee that no theft of or damage to your property will occur. We will not accept any liability in relation to locker thefts. You should check that your household contents or other insurance policy protects you against any risk of theft.
- Lockers may only be used for the purposes of keeping gym kit, toiletries, and the clothing that you were wearing when you came to the Powerhouse. The keeping of any other items in a Powerhouse locker is prohibited. If RCH has reasonable grounds to suspect that a locker is being used in breach of this Rule, RCH reserves the right to open the locker in question (by force if necessary) and remove any offending items.
- Lockers are available for use only while you are on Powerhouse premises. Use of a locker while not on Powerhouse premises is prohibited. If you leave your belongings overnight in a locker RCH reserves the right to open the locker (by force if necessary) and remove your belongings.
- Your belongings, so removed, will be available for collection from the Powerhouse reception for a period of thirty (30) days. If you do not collect your belongings within thirty (30) days, your belongings may be donated to charity.
- Where available lockers and locker keys remain the property of the Powerhouse and locker keys must not be taken from the premises at any time.
SWIMMING POOL AND SPA AREA
- For reasons of health, safety and hygiene you must:
-wear long hair tied up, or in a swimming cap whilst in the swimming pool
-not run around, jump or dive into the swimming pool.
-comply with any swimming direction posted in the swimming pool area.
-wear appropriate swimwear only. Swimwear that covers large areas of the body (including burkinis and full body swimsuits) is permitted provided the safety of the swimmer is not compromised.
-obey the instructions of our trained staff.
-always shower before entering the sauna, steam room, jacuzzi or swimming pool.
-not consume, store, or bring into the changing rooms or swimming pool area, any food or drink or any kind of glass container.
-only shave in the wash basins provided.
-not attempt to dry clothes or towels in the sauna.
-not bring sauna oils or essences, cosmetic products, newspapers/magazines/books or other flammable materials into the sauna as these constitute a serious fire hazard.
-not bring oils or essences to the steam room either, as pouring them on the steam outlet will create a burn hazard.
- RCH management reserves the right to limit you to twenty (20) minutes in the swimming pool if it is busy. RCH reserve the right to use a swimming lane to maximise the availability of the pool. Please note that other than swimming lessons these lanes are to be used by adults only.
- No balls, floats, or inflatables are permitted in the swimming pool area other than those provided by the Powerhouse. Buoyancy aids are permitted.
- The swimming pool area may from time to time be reserved for adults or Children only or swimming lessons. Prior notice will be displayed on Powerhouse notice boards.
- Heads should never be submerged in the jacuzzi.
- You may not use the sauna, steam room or jacuzzi while under the influence of alcohol, anticoagulants, antihistamines, beta-blockers, narcotics, or tranquillisers. If you have high or low blood pressure, heart disease, cardiac irregularities, asthma and/or diabetes, or if you are pregnant you should consult your doctor prior to using the Powerhouse facilities.
- You should use the steam room, sauna, swimming pool and jacuzzi (where applicable) in moderation and under medical advice.
- When using the steam room and/or sauna, you are requested to wear swimming attire.
- Under 16’s are not permitted to use the Sauna, Steam Room or Jacuzzi.
- Under 16’s are not permitted to use the Powerhouse facilities after 8pm Monday – Sunday.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- You must use the main entrance to the Powerhouse when entering or leaving the premises.
- Fire exits, which are clearly marked, are there in the interests of safety and you must not interfere with fire doors for any reason.
- You must read the health & safety notices for equipment or wetside facilities in the Powerhouse and comply with their recommendations.
- You must comply with any reasonable requests made by the members of staff in relation to matters of health and safety.
- CCTV is in operation throughout the site and is a passive surveillance tool only. It is not monitored.
- Child Members, under the age of 16, must be under direct adult supervision at all times.
- Child Members may only be brought into the Powerhouse if accompanied by their Parent, legal guardian, or any other person who has been registered with us as someone who may bring the Child Member into the Powerhouse and take responsibility for them.
- Child Members, under the age of 9, may change in either sex changing room, under supervision. Child Members aged 9-15 years must change in designated areas, under supervision, in the changing room of their own sex.
Swimming Pool Area
- Child Members aged under the age of 16 may not use the jacuzzi, spa, sauna or steam facilities.
- Where children are allowed to use the swimming pool the following rules apply:
– Children use the swimming pool between opening times and 8pm in the evening Monday to Sunday.
– Children 4 and under & non swimmers, we operate an adult to child ratio 1:1
– Children between the age of 5 and 16 (years of age, we operate a strict adult to child ratio of 1:2
– Adults are responsible for the active and constant supervision of their children while they’re in or around the pool water.
88. The pool is not lifeguarded – Emergency Responders are on site
89. Pool depth is 1.0m throughout
90. CCTV is in operation and used as a passive surveillance tool only. It is not monitored.
91. The Swimming Lane;
- The swimming lane will be available to residents as a continuous swimming lane whenever the swimming lessons are not taking place, as they have priority.
- Residents are asked to please swim in the direction indicated on the sign, either clockwise or anti-clockwise.
- The swimming lane is 2 metres wide in order to allow plenty of room for swimmers to easily pass by each other.
- The swimming lane is only to be used by residents wishing to perform lane swimming, therefore children playing and residents wishing to just relax in the pool are kindly asked to utilise the other areas of the swimming pool.